Uncle Tom's BBQ

|

It was one of those meals that reminds you what's so great about being a carnivore. One of those wtf is wrong with vegetarians? meals.

What we had:

I had the pork platter with fries and cassava. Although I had envisioned pulled pork, the pork came out in slices. It's not Carolina style, but it wasn't bad at all. The sauce was pretty tasty, too. I found a side item I don't like, to0--cassava. It was gross. I'm not sure what the texture is supposed to be like or the taste, but it was mushy yet fibrous, and aggressively bland.

My DH had the ribs, and yet again, he got the better dish. These were unsnap your pants good. Sweet & smoky & cooked to perfection.


Décor:

BBQ joint. Wood, picnic tables.

Service:

Not bad.

Overall impressions:

My DH and I had both been craving BBQ and it was making us homesick--this place totally reminded us what's great about the pig. Pig is great. We found this place with our noses--they spit-roast a pig over coals in the parking lot. Totally awesome.

No company website; what Google says

Rating:

3 out of 5 salamanders

0 comments: